🔴COVID-19 UPDATE 19/03/20🔴
As the situation around the COVID19 virus continues to evolve at a rapid pace the club are constantly looking at what the best options are for the wellbeing of our members and staff. The council met to discuss steps for the Club and below is a summary of the actions that were agreed. These will come into effect as of 10pm Thursday 19th March 2020.
The golf course continues to be open for business, however the clubhouse Bar and Restaurant facilities will close. This will be kept under continuous review.
• The clubhouse (upstairs area) will be closed from 10pm today, Thursday 19th March 2020.
• The Golf course will remain open for club competitions and casual play.
• All Golfers using the course must sign into the book provided. This includes casual golf for members who in the past would not have been required to do this. This is to ensure that we have full traceability of all members / individuals who use the course. There should be a maximum of 4 golfers in the sign in area at anyone time.
• The computer will continue to be used for competitions. One person should do the signing in and scorecard input for their group of 4. The computer mouse and screen should be cleaned before and after each sign in or score input. Wipes will be provided.
• Groups may only start on the 1st hole. Shotgun or any other form of multi Tee starts are not permitted.
• Visitors or guests will be permitted to use the golf facilities at the Club but must comply with all sign in and cleansing requirements. Anyone refusing to do so will be asked to leave the course.
• Any member who has returned from travels overseas in the last 14 days are asked to please refrain from visiting the club for at least 14 days from the date they returned to Northern Ireland.
• The showers will be out of service.
• Flags to be removed from putting area to minimise handling. Maximum of 4 players in this area at anyone time.
• Members are asked not to remove or tend the flag while on the golf course. Ball to be removed from cup using gloved hand. Bunkers will be GUR and rakes removed.
• Airlines for cleaning shoes will be switched off and shoes are to be changed in the car park.
All our Club policies and procedures will be kept under review as we closely follow the updates from the NHS and Government Departments to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the wellbeing of all those who visit the Club. We would advise everyone to regularly check the https://www.nhs.uk for updates which outlines measures that are being taken.
It goes without saying that these are exceptional circumstances and this decision has not been made lightly. We trust that everyone will understand that the health of our members and our staff is of paramount importance.
There will obviously be severe financial implications for the Club and we hope that you will all support your club where possible. We will continue to keep the members informed as the situation evolves.
FINALLY AS PER ALL HEALTH CARE ADVSIE CONTINUE TO WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY ON A REGULAR BASIS
The Council Officers Kilrea Golf Club.